Being Mentors Website Terms & Conditions
Privacy and Collecting Information
The collection of personal and sensitive information by Being Mentors is contingent upon your engagement with our organisation. This information is gathered from individuals we support, our employees, and online users, and its nature and scope may vary. Being Mentors strictly utilises personal information for the specific purposes for which it was provided.
We collect information to:
- Provide our services and facilitate our business activities
- Produce continual improvement reports which may involve contracted organisations
- Comply with legal obligations
- Facilitate ongoing fundraising and/or marketing activities where relevant
- Being Mentors may also collect non-personally identifiable information for the purpose of statistics and data analysis
Types of information collected by Being Mentors, which will depend on your kind of engagement with us, may incorporate:
- Contact details including name, address, and email
- Date of birth, gender, nationality, guardian details and next of kin
- Likes, interests, strengths & needs
- Health information and information related to your history
- Financial information such as credit card numbers or bank account details
For our participants, please refer to our participant Privacy & Confidentiality Policy & Procedure.
Method of Collecting Information
Being Mentors may collect your personal and sensitive information which can occur through various channels, including telephone interviews, in-person interviews such as at meet & greets and/or via forms and questionnaires.
Your information and third parties
Being Mentors strictly refrains from sharing an individual’s information, unless one of the following conditions is met:
- The person has given explicit consent.
- The person can reasonably anticipate or has been informed that we may share their information.
- Sharing is mandated or authorised by law.
- We believe that disclosure is essential to prevent or mitigate a serious and immediate threat to someone’s life, health, or safety
- Other circumstances permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), such as instances where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary for law enforcement purposes.
Accessing information that is collected about you
Should you seek access to the personal information that Being Mentors has on record for you, you can request this at any time. To initiate such request, kindly reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a complaint about privacy
Should you have concern about your privacy, you are able to make a query or complaint by writing to:
If you are not satisfied by the response received from us, you are able to make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner Privacy complaints – Home (oaic.gov.au) or to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission via:
Refund Process for merchandise purchased
Refunds for merchandise can be requested in case of payment errors or errors on Being Mentors’ part. Please follow our simple returns process:
Contact Us: Reach out to us at email@example.com within 14 days of receiving your merchandise. Include details of the item you wish to return.
Return the Item: Ship the merchandise back to us in its original condition, including packaging, within 30 days of receiving your order. The cost of return shipping is your responsibility.
Inspection and Refund: Once we receive the returned item and inspect it, we will process a refund for the merchandise’s cost. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to be credited to your original payment method.
- Items must be returned in their original condition and unused.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer unless the return is due to a mistake on our part.
- We do not accept returns on sale or discounted items.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Being Mentors Terms and Conditions
The information presented on the Being Mentors website is intended for general informational purposes only. All intellectual property rights pertaining to the content on this site are exclusively owned by Being Mentors.
Being Mentors and its authorised representatives do not provide any assurance or warranty regarding the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the material on this site or on linked sites. Unless liability cannot be excluded under applicable statutes, neither Being Mentors nor its authorised representatives assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in this material, nor do they accept liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, or otherwise) for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise, experienced by any individual.